December 19, 2010

Matt's Buffalo Chicken Dip


INGREDIENTS:
(2) 8 oz. pkg. Neufchatel cheese, room temperature
(1) 8 oz. package of blue cheese crumbles
1/2 cup any flavor buffalo sauce
(2) cans (10-12.5 oz. each) chunk chicken, drained
(1) cup shredded Monterey Jack/Mexican/Taco style cheese
DIRECTIONS:
HEAT oven to 350°F
Chop/dice drained chicken
Place Neufchatel cheese into glass baking dish or bowl
Stir until soft
MIX in chicken and blue cheese crumbles until lumpy
MIX in buffalo sauce
Top with shredded cheese
BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through.
Garnish as desired.
Serve with cornbread crackers, tortilla chips, and/or vegetables.
Notes:
1. Neufchatel cheese is a lower fat version of cream cheese. You can make this recipe with cream cheese, but I have always used the other. You and the pickiest pallets will not be able to tell the difference.
2. You can find Neufchatel next to the cream cheese in most stores.
3. Room temperature will make it easier to beat and/or mix.
4. You can use a fork to beat the mix into a lumpy concoction or use a blender or mixer. You do not want it too smooth, it’s not as much fun to east if it’s too creamy. I use an OLD Sunbeam MixMaster from the 1970’s J.
5. I ALWAYS use more buffalo sauce, just know your audience and the level of heat they can tolerate.
6. I bake it until the cheese around the edges has a slight crust and the center is still a little gooey.
7. Fritos Scoops are the over-whelming option to east with this…I am just saying J.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! Can't wait to try it Matt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, if I could just spell! :-)

    Thanks baby.

    ReplyDelete