This recipe is from the Joy of Cooking (my Mom has the 1960s version and I love it! I am trying to work my way through it eventurally)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Grease a deep 8 inch pie pan (I actually used a Pyrex bowl)
2 cups (or more) sliced apples (or any fruit)
2/3 cup sugar
Cinnamon and/or Nutmeg
Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon flour
2-4 tablespoons melted butter
Batter:
1 cup flour
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon melted butter
¼ cup milk
Put the sliced apples in the greased pie pan. Sprinkle the fruit with sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon and flour. Pour melted butter over entire mixture. Prepare the batter. Cover the fruit mixture with the batter mixture.
Bake the cake for about 30 minutes. Reverse it on the platter. Cool slightly. Eat and enjoy!
(You can also cover it with meringue, according to the recipe, but I did not try this)
No comments:
Post a Comment